Essential Question

How can an artist best use Mexican folk art as an inspiration for their pieces?

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Blog 26: Senior Reflection

(1) Positive Statement
What are you most proud of in your 2-hour presentation and/or your senior project? Why?

I'm proud that I was able to learn a lot from my senior project through out the school year, especially on the independent components. I was able to execute that with my presentation because it was so informative. I am also proud that I was able to create different art pieces as well as finding something that I truly enjoy. This senior project helped me realize that my career should be something related to art, it's something I love. I  am also proud that I was able to learn the different techniques that are out there for paper mache an was able to make them in order to get a clear understanding of the whole process. I am very proud of my 2 hour presentation because I believe I really taught the students something new about Mexican Folk art. The students we were really engaged in the activities that I also enjoyed my self and last but not least the set up of the room gave my presentation a good vibe to my presentation.

(2 )
What assessment would you give yourself on your 2-hour presentation?
AE

What assessment would you give yourself on your overall senior project?
P+

(3)
What worked for you in your senior project?

My interviews as well as my research. They were really helpful to understand what mexican folk art is and how to make each of them. This worked because I was able to show that in my 2-hour with all the different information I had on the different art pieces or even figuring out what my answers for my essential question should be, my interviews really helped me back it up and create good information for each of my answers.

(4)  (What didn't work) If you had a time machine, what would have you done differently to improve your
senior project if you could go back in time?

If I could go back in time I would have included extra blog posts of fascinating art that I came across or even different art piece. I think this would have helped me in my senior project to get a good grade. I would have also found a mentor that specializes in my topic, it was really difficult because she wasn't really helping me through out my senior project.

(5) Finding Value

My senior project has really helped me find out what I love to do. Because of my senior project I was able to find out that I have a passion for art as well as learning it. I believe my senior project lead to wanting to become an artist, whether it's an animator, or even a folk artist. I can honestly say I love art because of this. This senior project has been really helpful in creating different mediums of art so for my portfolio for art school, I was able to create this in my independent components which will help me somewhat stand out when applying.

No comments:

Post a Comment